This month I have put together a special bodywork package combining…
saunas, massage, fragrant herbs and oils with the intention of promoting and reminding my clients the necessity and importance of this state of being.
Before I go further to explain what this package entails I can imagine some of you wondering…
What is Grounding?
Well, grounding is the simple process of being present in your body, connected with the Earth, connected with oneself in the here and the now.
If you are finding yourself having scattered thoughts, hesitating a lot, being disorganised, being easily distracted by other people, events or surroundings, finding it difficult to take firm decisions, feeling stressed and out of source, than it is safe to say that you are definitely not grounded.
Grounding is characterised by a sense of calm and balance. It generates a sense of ease in the mind and stability in the body.
Here are 5 simple tips to help you re-ground and re-connect with your sense of purpose:
- Sit down on the ground, close your eyes and breathe; anywhere, in the garden, at home, in the office on a yoga mat or meditation class.
- Spend time in nature, in your garden or your local park. Breath the cold air, watch the leaves fall, touch them, feel them.
- Eat some of the sweetness of the Earth that comes in form of fruits and vegetables such as pumpkins, butternut squash, carrots, cabbages, pomegranates, apples, rhubarb.
- Drink Turmeric latte otherwise known as The Golden Milk. They are spicy, warming, anti-inflammatory.
- Book an appointment and take advantage of our October offer.
It combines the benefits of FIR Sauna (Far Infrared) followed by a massage using grounding essential oils.
The use of the essential oils during the massage is optional. They can also be therapeutically beneficial when burned or diffused. The best grounding essential oils are Sandalwood, Frankincense, Vetiver, Patchouli, Rosewood, Ylang Ylang and Myrrh.
Enjoy October! Stay warm, spiced up and grounded.
Enrida Kelly @NatPathClinic